Project Manager, Research and Innovation Division
Research and Innovation Division Head of Delivery, Head of Division
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
As per agreed project parameters
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrith in Dorset, has a requirement to expand its project management capability to support current and future growth as a key provider of innovative maritime systems.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK’s Research and Innovation Division is an agile division engaged in cutting edge research within the underwater defence domain. We work closely with our customers to create new capability which protects lives at sea. We focus on new product developments that can position the wider business for future large-scale demonstration and equipment programmes. Our projects are varied in scope and discipline, spanning technical areas such as sonar systems, underwater acoustics, non-acoustics, maritime mine countermeasures and applied technologies.
We are seeking a Research Project Manager to lead and manage a portfolio of projects across the underwater defence research domain. Applicants are expected to be dynamic, innovative, resourceful, committed and a team player, with a track record of successful delivery within a project, science or engineering environment.
- Recognition as a professional Project Manager (or Science/Engineering Manager) via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in project management disciplines via previous successful delivery of tasks, work packages and projects
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present and negotiate direct with key external stakeholders (Government, Navy, Industry)
- Good computer and data management skills
- Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional project management organisation, e.g. UK Association of Project Management, would be advantageous to applicants, but is not essential.
- Reporting to all internal and external stakeholders including travelling for face to face communications
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase
- Definition of the Project Team that will lead the project delivery
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle Management gate reviews
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised
Bid Management – Project Managers are also key contributors to bids and are required to apply the fundamental project management
principles and methodology to bids including:
- Stakeholder management
- WBS, OBS and programme definition (external and internal)
- Customer and supplier negotiations
- Internal bid reviews
- Project management documentation
- Risk management approach
- Responsible to the Research and Innovation Division Head of Delivery and Head of Division in all matters relating to project delivery
- External to the business, the Project Manager is responsible to the customer for successful delivery of the project
- The Project Manager represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB